Thursday, March 29, 2012

Everyday Design Inspiration

We were assigned to pay extra attention to the designs we see in our everyday lives, and analyze their colors, typography, branding, and how well they get their message to their target audience.
Photo retrieved from Google Images
All Rights Belong to Dr. Pepper.







When it comes to analyzing design around my, the item I can probably speak best on is Dr. Pepper. I've been a "Pepper" for as long as I can remember. One of the biggest things I notice about Dr. Pepper today is the new branding. On the right is the can as it was while I was growing up, while below is a photo of the can I'm currently guzzling trying to power through homework.







The color palette has remained, as far as I can tell, the exact same. Also, the font of the Dr. Pepper logo is pretty similar between the older and newer versions. With the reinvention of the logo, and the new focus on the "23 flavors," it looks as though the company has simply updated what they already had, as opposed to starting over. There is also an incorporation of "Est. 1885," showing an emphasis on the history of the brand itself. Dr. Pepper has changed their branding to match the newer generation, focusing on the younger audience. However, it seems that because of this focus, they are making a point to keep their history intact, as they try to connect the new Dr. Pepper fans with those that have enjoyed it for years.













No comments:

Post a Comment